Because we strive for excellence in service and hospitality, we have a rigorous training program here at the Rafters. Once you join our team, you will be paired with one of our seasoned team. members to learn all of our best practices. We don’t take training lightly. There is an eleven. part process that includes orientation, back of house training, bar training, lunch and dinner job shadowing, written menu tests, and mock service testing. This is all done to verify that you have all of the necessary mastery of skills to serve our customers with the knowledge and Midwestern hospitality that we pride ourselves in providing.
You only get one chance to make a good first impression and we want all of our guests to have a positive impression of our restaurant and staff. We require all of our front of house staff (Banquet Manager, Banquet Server, Front of House Manager, Bartender, Server, Host, and Runner) to wear the following uniform:
- Full-length sleeve black oxford shirt
- Black undershirt
- Black non-slip shoes with black socks
- Black apron (provided by Rafters)
- Black pants for banquets and dark denim jeans for floor service
- All clothing items should be clean, pressed, and tidy. Jeans and pants cannot be ripped or distressed.
- Jewelry and makeup should be minimal
- Hair should be neat, trimmed and pulled back
- More detailed information can be found in our handbook